|Trac Rite 944
Part Number: 944
door is ideal for residential, self-storage, and some light-duty commercial applications, including institutions and recreational facilities. Continuous curtain of solid steel is durable, attractive, and available in a variety of colors. The 944 is available in custom sizes from 3'W x 3'H to 11'W x 10'4"H in 1" increments. Designed for the do-it-yourselfer, 944 doors install in a fraction of the time it takes to install a sectional door.
Back to top
- Design Type: Live axle: door axle rotates in bracket bearing during operation.
- Drums: Stamped, continuously welded at the hub. 9-5/8" diameter spiral x 1-1/4" wide. 18-gauge, zinc-coated steel. Two drums with doors up to 5' wide, three drums with doors over 5' wide. Prevents panels from bowing.
- EP3 Springs: Helical torsion, oil tempered, and coated to halt corrosion and increase life. One spring for doors 5' wide and smaller, two springs for doors wider than 5'.
- Tensioning System: Springs come with a zinc-coated cast steel tension wheel and winding bar for ease of adjusting spring tension.
- Axle: 1-5/16" outside diameter, high-yield structural steel tubing.
- Curtain: Roll-formed sections, factory-seamed from 26-gauge, Grade 80 galvanized steel. Siliconized polyester finish in eleven standard colors. Full-length 2" felt tape located at each drum.
- Bottom Assembly: Seal-Rite pliable bulb and blade astragal integrated into galvalume bottom bar with stiffening angle. Powder coated handle secured to bottom assembly with stainless steel bolts.
- Brackets: 12-gauge, cold-formed, zinc-coated steel. Grease-packed ball bearings are factory installed in the bracket.
- Guides: Pre-punched 18-gauge, galvanized, 1-1/2" deep. Featuring fully hemmed edge for secure attachment of the polypropylene guide runner.
- SpaceGuard Exterior Latch: Cast zinc alloy with black nickel finish. Latch slide has magnetic properties for use with security system switches. Designed to accommodate two padlocks up to 7/16" shank. Accommodates Trac-Rite's optional SpaceGuard Cylinder Lock, which features an easy over-lock system. The cylinder lock does not penetrate the door.
- Mounting Fasteners: Steel or wood fasteners included. For masonry openings, mounting clips and anchoring system are sold separately.
- Steel: Bracket: 1/4" x 7/8" self-drilling screwsJamb: 1/4" x 7/8" self-drilling screws
- Wood: Bracket: 5/16" x 1-5/8" washer head lagsJamb: 1/4" x 1-1/2" self-drilling screws
- Masonry: Clip type system with 5/16" diameter expansion anchors for both brackets and jambs. (sold separately)
- Door Stop: 12-gauge, zinc-coated stops mount to brackets for increased strength and ease of installation.
- Exterior Handle: Powder coated, zinc-plated outside handle.
- Pull Rope Handle: Molded plastic rope handle with long-lasting rope.
Back to top